This slaw is great as a side or stuffed in buns for a summer BBQ.
If you like spice add a tbsp of your favourite chilli sauce to heat it up!
You might prefer a sweeter slaw in which case add two tbsp of apple sauce.
If your making this for a party add some white cabbage very finely sliced!
You can prepare this up to step 4 the night before!
Ginger, Beetroot, Fennel and Pomegranate Asian Slaw
Makes a quantity for four people
- Half a Red Onion
- Fennel Bulb
- 2 Raw Beetroot
- 2 tbsp Sour Cream
- Tbsp Chopped Chives
- 1 inch of grated Ginger
- 1 Clove of grated Garlic
- 1 Apple
- Half a Pomegranate
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp White Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- Slice as finely as possible the Fennel and Red Onion, use a mandolin if you don’t trust your knife skills.
- Peel the beetroots and julienne them (i.e. slice them super thin and then into little strips, again you can use the mandolin for this or a good food processor) and combine with the fennel and onion.
- In a sperate bowl prepare the dressing. Mix the Sour Cream, Chives, Ginger, Garlic, Balsamic, Sesame Oil and Salt and Pepper together and taste.
- Mix half of this throughout the slaw and cover for an hour or so in the fridge to infuse the flavours (you could do this over night for the best results).
- When this time is over, finely chop the apple and mix it throughout with the remaining dressing.
- Finally top with the pomegranate seeds.