This stupidly simple recipe is always a winner. You can throw it together in 30mins (as sweet potatoes cook much faster than regular ones) and it goes perfectly with BBQ food (get some BBQ ideas here) and travels well, staying warm for picnics.
Nutmeg is also a great addition, just pop it in with the salt and pepper.
The other potatoes featured here are Twice Baked Potatoes.
Goats Cheese Stuffed Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 150g Soft Goats Cheese
- 5 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Salted Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Chives (for decoration)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC..
- Line a baking sheet (the sweet potatoes tend to ooze as they cook so it makes it easier to clean up afterwards).
- Place the raw potatoes into the oven and cook for 20mins.
- Remove the hot potatoes from the oven and cut a slit down the middle of each one. (They will be very hot inside, so before you begin let the steam come out so you don’t burn your fingers).
- Using a fork fluff up the inside, then add 1/5 of the Butter, Salt and Pepper and then continue fluffing to mix it in.
- Taking 1/5 of the Goats Cheese log, stuff the open top of the potato, get as much cheese in as you can. Then season the top with Salt and Pepper again.
- Return to the oven for a further 10-15mins (I use a grill to colour the top during this cook).
Photos by Kit Lee.