Photos by Me
This is a great recipe for pudding or tea time.
It is simple and delicious. I like it with some cold cream.
Lemon and Passionfruit Curd Tart
- 5 Eggs
- 150g Golden Caster Sugar
- 150ml Double Cream
- 2 Lemons – Juice and Zest
- 2 Ripe Passionfruit
- Icing Sugar to decorate
- One Packet of Shortcrust Sweet Pastry ( or one portion see Julia Childs recipe or this one)
- Preheat oven to 200oC.
- Roll out your pastry nice and thin and fill the tart tin case with it.
- Use the handle of a wooden spoon to push the pastry into the dents if you case has them.
- Then blind bake the pastry with baking paper inside and beans. This should take 15-20 mins or until the pastry is beginning to golden.
- While the pastry is baking use an electric whisk to mix together the eggs and sugar until they are pale and fluffy.
- Stir in the cream, zest and juice.
- Take a teaspoon and remove the passionfruit pulp, then sieve the pulp to remove the seeds (you can leave them in, I just don’t like the texture, although it looks pretty) then add to the mix. Pour into a jug.
- Turn the oven down to 150oC.
- Open the oven and pour the mix into the tart case (obviously you need to remove the baking beans and paper first).
- Bake the filled tart for a further 25-30 mins until the mixture is set but still has a wobble.
- Leave to cool in the tin.
- You can then brush the tart with warm apricot jam or icing sugar as I have above.