These potatoes are so simple but so yummy, I can never get enough of them. I hope you will feel the same way. Why not try them this weekend?
Parmesan and Garlic Hassle-back Potatoes
(or two hungry tummies)
- 4 Large Potatoes (Maris Piper is my choice)
- 2 Tbsp Grated Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp Finely Chopped Chives
- 3 Large Cloves of Roast Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Salted Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200ºC.
- In a bowl combine the Butter, chopped Chives (I use scissors to do this), grated Parmesan, Roast Garlic, Salt and Pepper. Beat with a spoon till smooth.
- Take each potato in turn and place it next to a wooden spoon. Using a sharp knife slice as thinly as possible down three quarters of the potato making sure that it is still attached at the base by using the wooden spoon as a stopper. It may be helpful to do this one a dishcloth to stop everything from slipping around.
- Once you have sliced each potato in this manner, take half the butter mix and spread it between the potato cuts and across the top.
- Bake in the oven for 30mins, then remove and apply the remaining half of the butter mix.
- Return to the oven for a final 30mins.
- Serve hot and pour any excess butter from the pan back over the potatoes for added yumminess!
This recipe works as a great companion to many dishes but why not try my Pistachio Rack of Lamb.
Photos by Kit Lee.