This dish is fabulous in the summer, but also makes a great starter in the winter when you can replace the peaches with orchard fruits like pears, apples and quinces.
Peach, Goats Cheese and Parma Ham Salad
- 3 Peaches
- A bunch of Basil
- A small bunch of Chives
- A bag of Rocket
- approx. 10 Slices of Parma Ham
- 100g Goats Cheese
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Basil Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Make a cross into the skin of the peaches and place them in a bowl of boiling water, until the cross starts to lift, about 30secs to a minute. Then peel the skin and quarter the peaches removing the stone.
- Take a high heat and a griddle pan, brush with olive oil and sear the peaches so that you get great dark marks, this works great on a bbq. Set aside while you plate up.
- Start with the rocket, then the peaches, followed by the parma ham, basil and cheese. Finally sprinkle with basil flavoured olive oil, balsamic, and the finely sliced chives.
- Serve straight away with ice tea!
Photos by Kit Lee.