This recipe is a firm favourite with all my friends. Its super easy to throw together when they pop over and it never fails to hit the spot.
I thought this was the perfect time to post it since it works so well with Christmas leftovers! Use up your turkey and potatoes in a completely new way!
Quesadilla Lunch Wrap
- 5 Baby Tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Thick Chorizo
- 2 Slices of Swiss Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Chicken (or Turkey)
- 1/2 Potatoe boiled and Cubed (or left over roast potatoes)
- 1 Wrap (you can either use a pitta, flatbread or tortilla wrap)
- 2tbsp Salted Butter
- Take your wrap and layer the the fillings across one side in this order… Swiss Cheese, Chicken (Turkey), Cheddar Cheese, Tomatoes, Chorizo, Potatoes, salt and pepper, and then Swiss Cheese and Cheddar.
- Heat a non stick pan over a medium heat and add a tbsp of Butter, once melted place the folded wrap on the butter and use a lid slight smaller than the pan to press and hold the wrap down. Fry for approximately 5mins or until you can see the cheese closest to the pan is melted.
- Remove the lid and flip the wrap over adding another tbsp of butter to the pan. Replace the lid and fry again for another 5-8mins. You will know the wrap is cooked when the filling is all melted together and both sides of the wrap have a rich golden colour but not burn.
- Remove the wrap from the pan and slice in half, I like to serve them in waxed paper for a fun look and easy eating!
Photos by Kit Lee.