This salad is both beautiful and tasty, it’s the perfect companion to a very rich dish, as the citrus cuts through in a delicious way. I love it with my Truffle Macaroni.
Red Endive, Orange, Watercress, Radish and Beetroot Salad
- 2 Oranges
- 6 Small Pink Radishes
- 1 Red Endive
- A salad bag of Watercress
- 1/4 Beetroot (raw not picked or cooked)
- Nut Oil
- Thick Balsamic (or reduction with sugar)
- For this recipe you want to prepare all the elements first and then ensemble it on a platter. It’s super quick and easy.
- Peel and segment the oranges.
- Open Endive and trim ends.
- Use a potato peeler (or a if you have one a mandolin) to make super thin slices of radish and then beetroot.
- To ensemble begin with the endive, then add the orange segments, then the radish and beetroot (which I like to curl into rolls), and finally the watercress over the top.
- Drizzle balsamic reduction (or a super thick balsamic if you can get it) and nut oil over the top.
Photos by Kit Lee.
Similar Marble Boards…