This recipe is so simple, totally fool proof and it’s the basis of many, many other delicious dishes. You can use it just like regular garlic once you have made it. I keep them in a tupperware box in the fridge for use all the time. You will find lots of other recipes on the site use it as an ingredient.
- Bunch of Herbs (Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano or Sage)
- Whole Garlic Bulbs (and/or Shallots)
- Olive Oil
- Celery Salt and Pepper
- Scatter the Herbs across a baking tray then place the whole shallots or Garlic on top.
- Season with first Olive Oil, then Celery Salt and Pepper.
- Bake at 160ºC for 30 mins. You will be able to tell they are done when they are beginning to ooze that wonderful golden syrup from the top of the bulbs (like in the photos).
- You can use them straight away, but beware they are HOT! Or keep them for future use in a tub in the fridge. They will last for at least a month.