Photos by Me
These are the most perfect pancakes I have ever eaten!
With huge amounts of help from my home way from home in NYC – Bubbys - you can also make them at home.
The Bubby’s Cookbook is well worth a look, all their most famous dishes and easy how to guides.
This is a book for people who love food but it is not horribly technical or silly easy either.
The perfect family cooking book.
- Sift Sugar (2tbs), Flour (4 cups), Baking Soda (2 1/2 tsp) and Salt (2 1/2 tsp).
- Beat Eggs (4) till foamy, add Sour Cream (1 1/2 cups), Melted Butter (1/3 cup) and Milk (2 3/4 cups) – beat to combine.
- Fold the flower into the egg mix – DO NOT OVER MIX! A few lumps are good, it makes the pancakes light when they cook.
- Rest batter in the fridge for minimum 30mins.
- Heat a griddle, brush with melted butter and cook the pancakes until bubbles appear then flip and cook other-side.
I like them with bacon and maple syrup, but they are also wonderful stuffed with bananas or blueberries.
However you like your pancakes… try these, they are failsafe and yummy!