Following on the theme of how to use scarves to make dresses here is my favourite way to make a skirt from silk scarves.
It’s super simple and all you need is two scarves and tree safety pins, it’s a great holiday option for that reason, light packing! It can also be really fun to have contrasting prints on the scarves.
You will need…
- Two Scarves at least 1m by 1m
- Three Safety Pins
- Depending on the length of skirt you want, fold the scarf in half to the desired length and hold it around your waist.
- Fasten it on the inside with the safely pin, making sure the scarf overlaps as much as possible.
- Do the same with the second scarf but in the opposite direction to cover the existing gap and fasten in the same way.
- Then take the third safely pin and at the back above your bun attach the two scarves to each other (this is stop them from spinning around as you walk and revealing your knickers!). And your done!
Here are some more great scarf options for you to make this look with!
Photos by Kit Lee